1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Walmart Mega-Thread

308K views 2K replies 726 participants last post by  timtheteacher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is now the place to post about Walmart and ammo. Love it or hate it, we get a new thread about Walmart just about every day. I had been moving some of them to the Ammo Shortage sticky, but it's somewhat cluttered with all the merged threads. So, all Walmart posts will go here from now on.

Found ammo at Walmart? Post about it here. Didn't find any ammo at Walmart? Post about it here too.
-2TA

----------------------------------------------------
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou

See less See more
#2 ·
It does look like things are breaking loose a little bit. Non-shooters can only hoard so much ammo. And now they realize BO isn't going to be a two termer, so the future looks bright. at least for ammo.

As a side note, commodities were in the tank again this week. Except oil.

Regards,
Greyson

#58 ·
. And now they realize BO isn't going to be a two termer,

Regards,
Greyson
Are you kidding me? After this last election I realized how many S-T-U-P-I-D people there are in America. BO is in for two easy, unless he dies of lung cancer.:biglaugh:

My local Chinamart is starting to get more ammo too. Guess who ever said it was right. All the non shooters can only buy so much ammo. That as the local mom and pops can only buy so much for 29.99 and reshelf it in their stores for 49.99.

#3 ·
Yay! I got a 100 box of WWB target 9mm the other day. The price was very reasonable(don't honestly recall exact price). There were several other 9mm boxes there too;but,no .45acp.

I'm still buying reloading press and accessories. Don't want to go thru shooting withdrawal again...EVER.

#7 ·
Well...I never said he wasn't going to try. :biglaugh:

Why do you think they rolled out "pay-go" today? BO is already fearful he will be view is fiscally irresponsible after his first 100+ days! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Regards,
Greyson

#8 ·
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou
Hey, you guys with the luck at Walmart do not have to worry about ammo, because every time you walk into Wally it is there ready to be plucked...:rock: Now me, that is a different story. My area is a "dry county". :eek:

#14 · (Edited)
Are you kidding?!?!?! 22 short and LR are the best way to kill zombies. Legend says that IF you hit the zombies just above the eyebrow, they will loose their eyesight and will go to into histreria and die. I forgot where I read it but I'll post the article when I see it again, if ever ... :dope:

#16 ·
I have to check the other Wallmart in my area, they might sell Ammo. I see the same thing at Dick's around here. One sells ammo, and the other does not. I'm not saying they ever have any ammo, just that in theory they do sell it.:biglaugh:
I hope I can find something at one of them. The prices at the local range are getting out of hand. :bawling:

Mike

#17 · (Edited)
How much does your local range sell their reloads?

Whirlyspud ------> "The prices at the local range are getting out of hand."

I recently visited two of our local range in LA and had to "bite the bullet" in purchasing their reloads. They don't have branded ammo in stock and my two boys are itching to shoot few more rounds on their favorite pistolas...

For 9mm/50 round, they sell for $16.00 and the 45 cal/50 round is $21.00. They cost more than the brand ammo and about half less not too long ago.

#19 · (Edited)
Got lucky at Wal-Mart

I hadn't seen ammo in any of my local Wal-Marts for weeks now but still look whenever I can find time to stop by in the hopes that I get lucky.

I'm a fraud investigator so I went out for drinks with a few friends from the DA's office and on my way home it's a little past 8pm which was when one of the managers previously told me to try my luck. I stopped in to the Wal-Mart down the street from my neighborhood and get to the ammo section and see an older couple hovering over the glass. I'm kind of like :) hmm wonder what they have. I peek between them and see 10 boxes of WWB 9mm. The WM employee calls for a manager and the guy in front of me proceeds to tell me that he works for a private security company and some of the managers allow him to "stock up" since he's not an individual but rather a private security company. I start thinking oh great, he's going to take all 10, even though there is a 6 box limit right now. He even showed me his business card to prove that he was legit. lol

So to protect my interests I start making small talk with him and proceed to tell him that I'm in Security too (corporate security) and that I'm a fraud investigator and that it's been hard finding ammo and I wish people would stop hoarding and freaking out. The manager comes over and he starts to plead his case and it seems like the manager is going to go for it, but then the guy says that since I'm here too it's no big deal, he'd just take 5 boxes and I could have the other 5.

I was VERY shocked to say the least. It was a good find and luck was on my side today. I kind of feel like I won (ok well split) the ammo lottery.

#20 ·
I hadn't seen ammo in any of my local Wal-Marts for weeks now but still look whenever I can find time to stop by in the hopes that I get lucky.

I'm a fraud investigator so I went out for drinks with a few friends from the DA's office and on my way home it's a little past 8pm which was when one of the managers previously told me to try my luck. I stopped in to the Wal-Mart down the street from my neighborhood and get to the ammo section and see an older couple hovering over the glass. I'm kind of like :) hmm wonder what they have. I peek between them and see 10 boxes of WWB 9mm. The WM employee calls for a manager and the guy in front of me proceeds to tell me that he works for a private security company and some of the managers allow him to "stock up" since he's not an individual but rather a private security company. I start thinking oh great, he's going to take all 10, even though there is a 6 box limit right now. He even showed me his business card to prove that he was legit. lol

So to protect my interests I start making small talk with him and proceed to tell him that I'm in Security too (corporate security) and that I'm a fraud investigator and that it's been hard finding ammo and I wish people would stop hoarding and freaking out. The manager comes over and he starts to pleads his case and it seems like the manager is going to go for it, but then the guy says that since I'm here too it's no big deal, he'd just take 5 boxes and I could have the other 5.

I was VERY shocked to say the least. It was a good find and luck was on my side today. I kind of feel like I won (ok well split) the ammo lottery.
When you said you got lucky at walmart, I was thinking something else. ;)

#22 ·
hahaha, I was afraid someone might think that. I probably would have posted that under another section though! :biglaugh:

#26 ·
I stopped in my local Walmart at 3:30 this AM. I needed something. decoded to stop buy the ammo counter just to see. HOLY CRAP! They were unloading cases.

They had at least 9000 rounds of 9mm. 1800 rounds of 45. 3000 rounds of 38 spl. A few thousand rounds of 32. 2-3000 rounds of 40. And some JHPs in 9 and 45.

Well...I bugged the nearest sales lady and called the manager to unlock the case. I was nice. I only purchased 400 rounds.

I thinks things are breaking loose a little bit.

Regards,
Greyson

P.S. They were limiting ammo purchases to 6 boxes which is sad. I used to but 800 to 1700 rounds at a time from Walmart.

#29 ·
I was at the local Cabelas Saturday and they had tons of 9mm, 40, 45, & 38spl. everything looks to be sort of available except primers.

#27 ·
the tide is definately turning. I hope we all remember the ****es who price gouged after this is all over, and run them into the ground. i never thought it would be Mall Wart who held the price point when all the face to face dealers who i have dealt with for years stuck everybody in the backside with a smile. i will remember for a long time.-J

#30 ·
Had a local dealer gouge the crap out of everyone for everything. Even had the sack to tack on 4% if you used plastic. I went every place but his store and found i could get more off Cabellas shopping on line than any place local. They were good for holding the prices inline as well. :)

#36 ·
I got lucky at Wal-Mart last night. Went in to buy some household items and stopped by the ammo counter about 8:45PM...........completely out of 45, 9mm, 40, and 38 Spc as the clerk says they usually unload the truck around 9PM. So, I finish my shopping and swing back around to the ammo counter where I find exactly what Greyson found. Two clerks unpacking and stocking several boxes of 45, 9mm, 40, 44 mag, 39 spc, 380.

So, I picked up 4 boxes of 45 and later regretted not taking two boxes of 9. I still feel good though as I have more ammo in storage now than I've ever had.

This buying ammo can get a little crazy. I find myself buying even if I don't really need it.

#38 ·
I got lucky at Wal-Mart last night. Went in to buy some household items and stopped by the ammo counter about 8:45PM...........completely out of 45, 9mm, 40, and 38 Spc as the clerk says they usually unload the truck around 9PM. So, I finish my shopping and swing back around to the ammo counter where I find exactly what Greyson found. Two clerks unpacking and stocking several boxes of 45, 9mm, 40, 44 mag, 39 spc, 380.

So, I picked up 4 boxes of 45 and later regretted not taking two boxes of 9. I still feel good though as I have more ammo in storage now than I've ever had.

This buying ammo can get a little crazy. I find myself buying even if I don't really need it.
I would like to know more about the 39 spc never heard of that caliber.:biglaugh:

#43 ·
Only thing I saw in the last Walmart ammo case I bothered to look at was one box of .243 WSSM rifle ammo. Plenty of shotgun shells, though.

Bass Pro had premium (Golden Sabre) .45, 9mm and .357 Sig, FMJ .25 ACP and .32 ACP, and a decent .41 Mag hunting load. All in small quantities. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.