1911Forum banner

Stainless Colt 01070XSE ????

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MCunningham 
#1 ·
Stainless Colt 01070XSE ????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dealer quoted a price of $899 and is currently checking with his suppliers for one.

This is the Government Stainless Colt 01070XSE Model without light rail.
With dovetail combat sights, extended ambi-thumb safety, beveled magazine well, front slide serations & beavertail grip safety.

Anyone have one?
How is it working out for you?
Overall thoughts on gun?

Thanks - J.Solo

#4 ·
No more complaints from me.

It took me a few hundred rounds to tune the weapon and work out the kinks. However most all weapons are like that at one time or another.

Mine will be shipped to Colt to do some custom work soon.

#5 ·
I also have the blued version and love it. It has been very dependable right out of the box and the only thing I have done to her is put in a lighter recoil spring for my light reloads. I also have the lightweight Commander which is an XSE model. I love them both and have had zero malfunctions/problems with either one. Good luck!

#10 ·
Great Gun!

I have a Colt Commander XSE; The gun fires great and is always right on target... Sometimes I'm not! The only issue I have had is with the AMBI Safety... the right side seems to want to pull away from the frame and sometimes doesn't release when using my left thumb. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.