1911Forum banner

Bark River Grasso Bolo I

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GEEBEE711 
#1 ·

The Bark River Knives Grasso Bolo I is the smallest in a the series of Bark River Bolos.

At just over 13" long, you just might find this to be the most useful of the three. It is smaller than the others, but still chops like a much larger knife. The recurve gives it a sweet spot that begs to be used.

Specs:

Overall length 13.125"
Blade Length 7"
Steel: 5160 spring steel at 58-59 HRC
Thickness .217"
Weight 18 ounces
Deluxe leather cross draw sheath included

Just ordered one of these to go with it's big brother, the Grasso Bolo III. These knives are just awesome! Convex ground & razor sharp. It's rare to find choppers like these with such amazing edges. This is truly an all around blade. You could quite literally dress, skin, & quarter an animal, make feather sticks til your fingers bleed, & still shave with these things.

I plan to order more later as I believe they are only planning on making a few hundred of each size. Also, not that it would be my 1st choice, but in an ECQB situation, this would be devastating if it is all you had. It will quite literally take a limb off without much effort. I hunt in a lot of remote areas speckled with meth labs & if it came down to it & my rifle was gone & for some reason my pistol was down or dry, I would feel really good about going one on one with something like this. I think with all the paranoia around guns these days, I've really been focusing on knives lately, especially in posted areas. That is a training area I would really like to expand upon this coming year.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.