1911Forum banner

Remington R1 replacement trigger group

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ken_mays 
#1 ·
My Dad just bought a R1 and he is having tha same issue with his trigger as a bunch of others on here have. I want to guy him a new trigger group kit and trigger. I have no experiance with tis so I am having a smith instal all this stuff but I was wondering what you reccomend for the trigger kit and trigger itself? I would like to get a 3.5 to 4 lb trigger. Thanks

#2 ·
If you get a gunsmith really knowledgeable on the 1911 platform he can use the original parts for what you want with the exception of a trigger with an overtravel stop.

You will probably spend more buying a kit and then paying for installation.

If you were starting from scratch the Cylinder & Slide kits are very good.

Check with a good local smith and find out what he would charge either way before you buy something.

#3 ·
The gunsmith is a good friend of my Dads and has worked on many of his long guns and said he will do it cheap for me I want to do it for a Christmas gift. He is knowledgable on the 1911 as far as detailed tear down and minor fixes and problems but he is mainly a long gun guy, so he prefers a kit as opposed to the other route. The Cylinder and Slide kits seem to be well liked...

#4 ·
Look for a 1911 pistolsmith. There a truckload of sad stories on this forum from those who surrendered their pistol to a gunsmith who was excellent with long guns and had no tools for fitting 1911 parts, even 'drop in' kits. If you don't know where to look, make a new post giving your location and asking for 1911 'smith references. Most any of them will be able to give you a 4# trigger with the factory parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.