1911Forum banner

Best day to play- pick every option when you're usually good to go or anytime

We now have a Battlefield 3 platoon

25K views 139 replies 43 participants last post by  jermzzzzzzz 
#1 ·
I created a platoon on Battlelog to help us get together to play easier. The link is below. If the link doesn't work just click on platoons and search for 1911 Forum. Just apply with your forum username and I'll approve it after I make sure you're on the forum. If I can I'll add a few more people from the forum to help manage the whole deal if this thing takes off like I hope it does.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391554753899/

#59 ·
Have to get up at 4am in the morning. I'll probably be on earlier tomorrow evening than my normal 10pm. I've been having my best luck running support the last couple of times I've been on, and the tanks have been pretty good for me too. I can also play assault too. I have the defibulator unlocked, but normally get killed by the time I get to a downed team mate and figure out how to activate it. :)

Thanks to Sniper and Fin putting up with my growing pain rage in the few matches I've played with them last week. Some of the maps I'm getting fairly used to, and some I've only played once or twice at most. I have to work Saturday, so I'll be on for a couple of hours Friday night around 10 or so. All day fishing trip Sunday, and I'd lay odds we take a family trip Monday. Don't know how much I'll be on, but I'll squad up once I'm online.

#60 ·
I sent an application for the 1911 forum battlelog team and still haven't been accepted. Something I said...Ha ha. Anyway, if anyone wants to play tonight I will be online til probably 2 am or so eastern time. GT= gregoplata. Feel free to send me a friend request and let me know you are from the forum

#62 ·
-Sickboy- Nothing you said, I've been on vacation and haven't been on the Xbox/remembered to check Battlelog. You've been approved as of this message, if you haven't seen it let me know.

-WarwickBen- If you play on Xbox just get on battlelog and search 1911 Forum under the Platoon tab and I'll approve as soon as I see it, we'd be glad to have you.

Now to the meat and potatoes: there are two things I want to discuss with y'all.
1) Myself included, we need to make a better effort to play together. I feel I've been the worst about this because I haven't been on much at all lately. If/when you have time add everyone in the platoon on Battlelog and Xbox live. Right now we have 11 members and Warwick Ben would make 12. That's three whole squads of 1911 guys who are sick of random people not contributing and want to PTFO. We may not all have headsets, but if we all join an XBL party we can give each other heads up and help in the game and shoot the bull (my favorite part) while we do it. Three squads on the same team communicating would make for pretty stiff competition for the other team. I can't think of any downsides to this and it's the whole goal of having a platoon.

2) What do y'all think about the recent patches and the addition of Battlefield Premium?

#63 ·
i have not played much due to the lone wolf that everyone does. i would like to join also. my gamertag is Kranker308. i will try to join the platoon if i can figure it out.

if you could send me a request or something that would be great.

hope to see you all there.

#65 ·
Here's a direct link to the Platoon:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391554753899/

If you're having trouble remembering your password you could try resetting through your email or you might be able to create a new battlelog log in and link your Xbox. If you have any problems send me a PM here or on Xbox live, my GT is: The Donsonator

I'll be on tonight sometime, all depends on what the wife has planned, if anything. Regardless I can still get on after she goes to bed. If y'all know anyone on here that plays on Xbox let 'em know, the more the merrier. If someone that plays PC or PS3 wants to start a 1911 Forum platoon for their platform have at it. Like I've said before I don't consider myself in charge, I just knew how to create a platoon on battlelog. See y'all soon

#70 ·
I'm gonna join as soon as I get home! What a fantastic idea! Someone should do the same for GR FS... Though sadly, there is no 1911 in that game. Anyone know what the 1911 used in BF3 is? I haven't caught any identifying marks. I know it's not a Sig Original 1911 unfortunately (love mine)... But I digress. See you online!

#73 · (Edited)
I play both some-not to the extent my son has but I'm a little disappointed with the latest Bad Company edition as they seem to favor the spray and pray types who infested the MW series while I tend towards the sniper role.

Oops, that's what I get for not reading the first post...

So, being kind of marginal at this computer and gaming stuff I guess the first question is this PS-3 or X-box based?

#76 ·
I sent friend requests to the entire team (my tag is Gregoplata), I'll be on pretty frequently for the next couple days so lets get a team going.

As far as the new Premium is concerned, I drank the battlefield cool-aid and went ahead and bought it. I like it so far and I get early access to to the new maps starting tuesday so that was reason enough for me to go ahead and do the premium.

#82 ·
I dont know what your time zones are or what your schedules look like, but I'm planning on doing some pistol only tonight at about 2200 eastern time. friend request me on xbox live and we'll get a game going. Make sure you let me know you are from 1911 forum. gt: gregoplata

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.