1911Forum banner

Sig Sauer Trigger Job

12K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  David Panciotti 
#1 ·
Has Any one had sig do their triggers for them and if so how did it come out? My sig 1911 is very reliable and i dont want to void the warranty by having a smith do a trigger job. Please let me know what you think.

#2 ·
The stock parts can be used to get an exceptional trigger job. The sear is an EGW hard use sear and the hammer is bar stock too. Cut the hammer hooks to .020 and face the hooks, polish the back and front of the disconnector and set the sear spring. It is that easy. The primary and secondary sear angles are correct already. The bulk of a trigger job on a Sig consists of prepping the hammer.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input..im going to see how realistic it is that i can do the work properly myself and depending on how it looks i may spend the money and have sig do it. They want like $179 to do the work and i have a trusted smith who will do it for $99. Is sig charging more money simply because it is the only way to get a solid trigger job without voiding the warranty?

#19 ·
179 for a trigger job with the stock parts? You guys are getting hosed. I gotta open up my own shop soon if you guys are willing to pay that much.

Shoot, I could do it for 80 and have it back in a week. I need to get off my butt and go legit.:biglaugh:
You could make a fortune on the side if you did. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.