1911Forum banner

Review of a Valor

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Bigmant 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Sounds like my Valor - and I agree about not parting with it!

No one really mentions the flat ledge slide stop or the slightly larger than "tactical" safety. Manipulation is so much easier.

#7 ·
and.....

I haven't heard from DW, but I have "read" eleswhere that there were +/- 3k made per year.

And.... the reviewer said something about " “Duty Finish” ceramic coating", which I think is incorrect nowadays.

john

#8 ·
I read that somewhere as well but thought it was 3K Dan Wessons per year, not 3K Valors per year. But honestly, I dont know. The website still had the "coating" description last I checked as does every description I have seen at the dealers sites. Someone needs to get around to updating the description from the "coating" to that of the "treatment" on the CZ-DW website. Do that and the retailers descriptions (and reviewers) will surely follow :D

#12 ·
I am the author of the article
I am verifying the facts with Dan Wesson
The coating description is off their website.
It as actually the same process as Glock's tennifer coating
I am waiting to get the official correct verbage on it as well as clarification on the number of units made from the production manager.

I made some corrections on grammer and spelling.
I am a gun nut with an IT background not an english major.
I do appreciate the honest feedback though and take it to heart.

Charles

#14 ·
Charles,

It is well known here that DW's web site is a travesty. Inaccurate and dated information are the rule rather than the exception.

Since 2010 DW has used "Duty Treatment" (ferritic nitrocarburizing metal treatment which is NOT a coating) NOT their previous "Duty Coat" which was cerekote. Keith Lawton, the Production Mgr, will verify the several thousand figure is annual production and NOT just the Valor model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.