1911Forum banner

Second Edition Wounded Warrior Project Colt

10K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  jmpmstr 
#1 · (Edited)
Much like last year, Colt has offered to build a special run of Government Models and Commanders as a charity pistol to benefit a wounded military member as well as the Wounded Warrior Project.

Here are the specs:

Colt Government Combat Enthusiast Edition. (Obviously any "WW" was not available.) Serial Prefix is CGEEXXX

Specs copied from the last revised list before Brent went to work:

Colt 1911 Enthusiast Edition/WWP :

No frills S70, standard rear cocking serrations

S&A grip safety w/palm swell

Carbon steel frame and slide, blued

Beveled mag well

Colt NM barrel with modern Colt 6:00 throat “dimple”.

NM barrel bushing, fit for utmost reliability. EGW, stamped with ser#

Standard Colt guide rod and spring plug

Colt checkered slide stop.

Round carbon Colt Commander hammer, sides not blued.

Single side safety..Novak’s

Wilson extended BP mag release, checkered, blue

GI rear cut, Harrison Retro sight..will allow people to change to any sight cut they choose while giving the option of a stock sight configuration.

Novak front gold bead

Gun to shoot @ POA

Harrison long trigger...silver

Trigger weight set to a very crisp 4.5lbs.

Flat 20lpi Checkered Smith & Alexander MSH - NO LOOP THIS YEAR

Frontstrap....smooth to keep costs reasonable and pay homage to the old school. --- Keep current style, no high cut

Edges gently stoned

ROLLMARKS:

EJECTION PORT SIDE: “COLT GOVERNMENT MODEL”

OTHER SIDE: Stock USGI IE; Talo Armed Forces Model, PONY IN THE MIDDLE

Grip panels, fully checkered, no diamonds, dark Cocobolo.

Standard ejection port...no cuts

Spare extractor

*****6 Mags-SP53355B, 7 ROUND W/X POWER SPRINGS, TESTED AND TUNED TO GUN*****

A very special thanks to Colt and Brent for making this possible.

Each year we will be giving one to an enlisted member of the military who loves our sport and is a Wounded Warrior. 1st up, The Marines. This year's recipient is Jesse. He triggered an IED while clearing a weapons cache in Iraq. Lost both legs, and a few fingers.

Please contact me via bill.riehl(at)blackfireeng(dot)com for price and the rest. We need a 50% deposit. Obviously no one will be profiting from this.

Thanks!

Bill

ETA: Pics from the First Edition

See less See more
#4 ·
Truely a great cause and a great Pistola. How do I know? I have one of the WWP series 1 guns> It is by far my favorite pistol. If I could do another one this year I would and I would get the Commander this time. Cash tight due to home projects. Blr was a pleasure to work with. Step up!
RB

#10 ·
I want to get in on one of these as well. Can you tell us the price point of the government model and the commander? Also, what will the build sheet look like for the commander? I'm guessing pretty much the same features/enhancements as the full size but will they put the same USGI rollmarks on the shorter slide or will it have something different?

I've been wanting to build something very similar as a throwback to my Marine days but if I can buy one of these and have some of the procedes go towards helping my wounded brothers-in-arms then that makes it even better.

Thanks,

Anthony

#11 · (Edited)
I'm not sure but it looks like you are from CA? If so, you would need to look into the CA listing of guns. Seems like I have seen threads in the forum about is this gun or that gun...allowed in CA. Do your homework on this before you commit.
RB
Plexi... That is a good looker..I like the grips it give a different look to the WWP pistola

#14 ·
Thanks buckherm1! I changed to an EB thumb safety and a Guncrafter 20lp1 MSH as well. Just a preference thing.

The blue is holding up astoundingly well.

IIRC, these are NOT Cali approved and I'm not sure 'bout how we would get them to our Canadian friends .

#18 · (Edited)
Come on gentlemen order up some Commanders as well...

I think this is the spec we settled on for those:

Blued S80 Commander in 45ACP (Limited to S80 by the available slides)
S&A Bump Grip Safety
Harrison Retro Rear Sight
Novak Gold Bead Front Sight
Spare Extractor
LONG Harrison Solid Trigger
6 Tuned Mags
Novak Single Side Thumb Safety
Edges Stoned - NOT BEVELED
NM Barrel, Lapped Fit, with 6 o'clock dimple - Alternatives needed if NM barrel is not an option
EGW BBL Bushing
Slide to Frame fit should be "IPSC" fit
Old style Commander rollmarks (As on WC Commader on the left, "Colt Combat Commander" on the right/ejection side)
Lowered (but not flared) ejection port

Not sure if we went with the Colt serrated MSH or the S&A checkered.

#30 ·
Eagle your call...but I own one and 1800.00 is your cost. This includes contrubution to WWP. At 1800.00 its worth every penny. Can you do one for less? Maybe. Good luck on your quest.
RB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.