1911Forum banner

Got my new pistol today!!!!!

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  spraay 
#1 ·
:rock: Got my new pistol out of jail today going to the range tomorrow!!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice!

#13 ·
Ok shot the new pistol today, totally sweet. Never shot with novaks before really nice. Got about 125 rounds through before I had to leave. Here is the first pic, 15 yrd line, 3-5 round strings, the 4 zingers are me not the pistol

#17 ·
Nice pistol, Marine. I own the "first cousin" -- the Lightweight Operator. Only things I changed out were the full length guide rod (which had a bad habit of coming loose -- the new G.I. length guide rod and spring have worked flawlessly) and the grips (wanted some Gunners grips).

My $.02 -- I could tell the difference in the fit and finish of the Operator over the Loaded model, and my Loaded (a Champion) had a two piece barrel, which I didn't care for. Never thought I would plunk down $1,000 for a pistol, but it was one of my better decisions -- ever.

Don't be afraid of putting that new pistol in a good Kydex holster. You'll get holster wear in leather or Kydex, and a G-Code Kydex paddle will not disappoint. Won't set you back and arm and a leg, either.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info, I wanna use it for some action pistol or 3 gun matches. Had to get my CO to authorize the purchase, I originally got her permision for a RIA mil spec but she said I could get this piece when I found one. I was thinking maybe blackhawk serpa holster?

Stay safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.