1911Forum banner

WARLORDARMS on GunBroker.com?

8K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  liberty1 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have any experience with GunBroker seller "Warlordarms," who is selling RIA's on GunBroker?

On March 12, I purchased a Rock Island Armory 22TCM from Warlordarms on GunBroker and sent a money order shortly thereafter. I still do not have my RIA 22TCM and the seller has not responded to me since March 21, well over 10 days ago.

Does anybody have experience with this GunBroker seller? I was concerned about buying from him, but his story was that he was working with Fred Craig of Armscor and his mailing address was Puhrump, Nevada, which also seems to match that story. Warlordarms.com is also registered to Fred Craig, but is not currently active.

But still, no TCM and no word for 10 days.

By searching past sales, I see that this seller has sold 18 22TCM's on GunBroker since March 7. 3 of these have apparently resulted in feedback, giving this seller a GunBroker feedback rating of 3 now. I'm wondering if I'm just being impatient for if I have been scammed. I'm also wondering what I should do at this point.

Here is his current auction for more TCM's:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=335087336

Given my experience, tho, I would NOT recommend buying from this GunBroker dealer, but I'm certainly willing to correct this report if I get what I paid for--and soon. I wish I had purchased from a different dealer.

(BTW, I'm not a GunBroker noob. I've made numerous purchases and sales over the past few years and have always had pretty good luck with it.)

See less See more
#4 ·
Yup. I've had email, I had his post address, to which I sent him a money order, and I had his phone number. No responses to my email and my phone message for 10 days, but I finally heard from tonight, after sending another message today.

I've had pretty good luck with GunBroker, but not this time. Sometimes I can't get some guns locally, so I resort to bidding. I'll be more hesitant next time, I tell you, especially with low-feedback sellers. Never again.

I'm finally convinced that I'll get it, but we'll see.

#5 ·
John Glass in Puhrump, Nevada. He claims to be in a partnership with Fred Craig. I hope he works at protecting his online reputation more than he has over the past couple of weeks.

I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with him before.

#6 ·
MR 22,

I have bought two guns on GB and both transactions went very well.

If I were you I would leave a negative feedback to his lack of response time. Sellers have no excuses, especially if you tried contacting them several times. With today's technology and media options (Iphons and Droids) I find it hard to believe they can't send a simple e-mail, or texts with a response.

#8 ·
I agree, mostly. I don't have an iphone/droid and if I have my way, I never will. Despite that, staying connected is not difficult, and sellers ought to keep their customers advised if they can't meet expectations for whatever reason. I also hope the OP would leave feedback expressing this point since there's no point to the feedback system if people aren't honest about their experience.

#12 ·
Yup, I make it a rule to check feedback, too. Since this guy had low feedback, I emailed him prior to my purchase to find out more about him, mostly because he had factory connections and said I could also get 200 rounds of .22TCM ammo from him. My email discussion with him convinced me that he was a legitimate seller. And he probably is. Just painfully slow.

#11 ·
Low feedback is not always bad. I've only sold one gun on gunbroker. But as soon as payment clears it shipped. Good communication is key no excuses for a lack of. Best of luck on this deal.

#13 ·
I got my ammo and extra mags shipped from the same dealer to my home today, so I'm guessing the 22TCM arrived at my dealer today. Since he's closed tomorrow, I'll probably be able to pick it up Monday. VERY EXCITED to finally see it. It feels like Christmas!

#14 ·
Wahoo, my 22TCM finally showed up at my local dealer today! YAY! But wouldn't you know it, with meetings and such at work, I was too busy to go pick it up. Figures. Definitely going to get it tomorrow!

Looks like WARLORDARMS came through for me. Also got a bunch of ammo and magazines, which arrived at my house already.

#15 ·
Glad your pistol finally came, hope you enjoy it. I am looking for one myself, Can't find anyone that has them.

your link to GB is old, maybe you should go back and delete some of what you said, about the seller, IMO.
In 2006 I waited 42 days for a new pistol I ordered,:(, from a dealer that has a big business. they were going through a ATF Inspection,and found that some employes had been stealing firearms. they could not ship or receive any firearms until they got this straightened out.

#16 ·
The seller from whom I bought mine currently has 4 listed here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=335624894

I tried already a couple of days ago to delete some of my comments above, because I felt perhaps I posted them in haste when I was frustrated, but was wanting to hear others comments--but apparently you can only edit posts for a few days, because that option is now gone.

If the moderator wants to delete this thread, that's fine with me. I should have just waited longer before posting, but I was concerned that I may have been scammed. Apparently NOT SO! :) I shall have my TCM in hand tomorrow! So excited!

#17 ·
My experience is the same as yours with them, John will usually answer the phone but almost never responds to emails and if he does does not answer the questions you asked.

I got my TCM from them as I was in a hurry to beat the new Colorado magazine ban law.

Still have not received my ammo and he wasn't sure if he shipped it yet as of yesterday. Also there was no manual or spring for the 9mm barrel in the box. John says it was there when he packed it but maybe somebody took it out by accident? He was going to go look into it but I haven't heard back yet as usual. I have one barrel with no ammo and another with no spring at this point.

I checked them out with Armscor first and they are legit but I'm thinking Mr.Craig may not know how his business is being run.

And btw the feedback on gunbroker shows posted by the seller not buyer but I'm not sure how that works.

I got extra magazines straight from Rock Island in Nevada but they are different and not labeled 22TCM and are not modified like the included one is. Little concerned with that but I'm unable to try them out at this point. I'm on a tight schedule to get more now if problems due to the law going into effect July 1st.

#18 ·
Hmm. Well, I'm finally almost convinced John will make things right, but now I'm a little concerned about picking up my TCM today. I'll check thru everything carefully.

I got my ammo shipment at home about the same time my TCM arrived at my dealer. I gave him my home address for the ammo and asked that he send it there. I also got my two magazines that I ordered inside the ammo shipment and they are specifically marked as 22TCM. So that's good. I also bought another magazine from a different guy with a +5 extender on the bottom, such that it increases the rounds to 22. It has no markings on it, but it seems to be the same with slight differences. I don't think it's a factory Armsor mag.

You are absolutely right on the return emails. If an answer might prompt you to buy, he'll answer, but once you've purchased, the doesn't respond very much. Sometimes he will and sporadically. I left him a voicemail at the number he supplied and he called back a couple days later.

John has sold at least 20 TCM's on GunBroker so far, but his feedback is still only about 4. Not a good feedback rate. I haven't decided what feedback I'll provide.

Even so, I'm VERY EXCITED about finally picking up the TCM. It's been almost exactly 4 weeks since I ordered it, so the anticipation is high.

#21 ·
I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!

I'm very surprised, actually, by how light the TCM is. I thought it would be a lot heavier. And I was concerned that the double-stack might be to wide for me, but it's not bad at all. I like everything about it, except TWO things: 1. How long it took to get to me, and 2. The crappy plastic grips, which look like they came from a cap pistol that you'd buy from the toy department at Wal-Mart. The checkering is uneven and looks squashed in places. Fortunately, I already have a set of cocobolo checkered grips waiting for it at home with some new grip screws. And some leather, and some, ammo, and some extra mags, and... ! Well, you get the idea.

But, I have to go back to work. Yay. But it's now mine!

#22 ·
I received my pistol on Saturday but like you got my tracking number today. No mention from him of the conversation we had yesterday about spring, manual or ammo. Spring and manual will be sent from Rock Island as I contacted them already.

Gene at Rock Island says the magazines I have will work fine as the design has been modified even though they look different. We will see when I'm able to actually shoot it.lol

#23 ·
Well, at least you'll get it all. Hopefully. I checked to make sure mine had the spring, but actually, I didn't check the paperwork for a manual. Was too excited to actually hold it in my hand.

MY TCM arrived on Friday, but my dealer was out. So ours probably went out together.

Just happy to finally have it! :) (And btw, the included magazine also was marked 22TCM, just like the other two I received with my ammo.)

#26 ·
Hello guys.... first post here.
Well, I have a TCM on the way FINALLY. I purchased mine on GB exactly 2 weeks ago and I got the same song and dance from Warlordarms. I finally got him to answer my emails and by that time (10 days after the auction ended) I was pretty hot. We exchanged a few emails and after he made a few excuses he told me I could get my money back and go elsewhere. I said NO, send the gun and tried to be nice to the guy. He said a few things in the email that IF it would have been listed in the description I would have understood the time delay. This is what he said in the email..... "Hey our guns are not just a stock gun, we run them through our shop to check fit, finish, accuracy, and then sight them in and that is in the auction description.
The guns go out about 10 days from the time we have Payment and FFL."

Well, I just got my shipping number so HOPEFULLY in a short time I will be holding my TCM.
YES, WARLORDARMS still has 3 TCMs listed on GB but I also saw 2 more under different sellers for about the same price. Seems the going price is about $750 right now.

#29 · (Edited)
It's interesting because when I talked to Gene at Armscor he was very specific they are not connected with warlordarms in any way other than jointly designing the cartridge with Mr. Craig, the middle initial of the TCM.

Warlordarms does get a pick of the guns but supposedly that is all.

Gene has been very helpful so far and I believe has sent me another spring just in case. I'm hoping to have my bullets and springs by the end of the week. If not a lot more calls and emails are going to get going.

I'm just trying to be patient and hope it all comes together soon.

Oh btw John told me he just recently moved to Nevada and started working for Fred the owner of the company. Used to go to school together or something. I know Fred had a very good reputation before this.

#30 ·
My Reply

I am John Glass the owner of WarlordArms I am not affiliated with Rock Island Armory or Armscor. I just get the TCMs from them.
Fred Craig is a good friend of mine from Kansas I moved to Nevada to help him with projects he is working on. I own WarlordArms not him, so any blame on slow response would be on me. I moved to Nevada on March 1st and it takes some time to get organized.
I am sorry for the delay in the shipments and email responses of the guns sold on GunBroker.com we are new to the process and we are working on faster response times.
The guns I sell are checked for fit, finish, accuracy, and function, they are test fired and sighted in at 25 yards.
One of the people posting told me his FFL would be out for a week so I didn't send his gun out until he called me and told me they where open he just couldn't pick it up until the FFL was back from vacation, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.
As for the spring missing I couldn't find the one that went with his gun, I pack the guns myself so blame goes to me.
If there are any concerns my email is warlordarms1@gmail.com and my phone number is 775-513-3962 I would be happy to address any issues.
Thank You
John Glass
WARLORDARMS

#32 ·
I am John Glass the owner of WarlordArms I am not affiliated with Rock Island Armory or Armscor. I just get the TCMs from them.

[...]

Thank You
John Glass
WARLORDARMS
Thanks for showing up here and posting, John. As the starter of this thread, I wouldn't object if you petitioned the moderator to delete this whole thread.

But I'm glad you're willing to address some of the members' concerns here. I am very pleased with my TCM and am in the process of customizing it.

Thanks!

#34 ·
I'll accept the apology and am fine with thread removal as well. Just wish I had gotten personal word about the spring not being sent.

Anyway finally got to test fire my TCM today. Love it, only fired 15 rounds asit was below 20 degrees out but everything worked fine other than slide not locking back after last round fired. Accuracy was ok but again it was first firing and pretty cold out. I'll try again when it's warmer next week.

Louder than expected even with all the warnings and visible fireball. Super low recoil.

I'm going to have a great time with this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.