1911Forum banner

1 shot stop video

25K views 100 replies 87 participants last post by  JOE HOLCOMB 
#1 ·
#36 ·
It's gotta suck that the last words you hear in your life are a police officer getting after you.

#39 ·
Wow! 9mm, .40, .45?

Being that this happened in Brazil, I say 9mm.

#44 ·
My guess is a spinal cord shot. The guy dropped like a sack of potatoes-like his legs gave out. Once on the floor, he never moves anything below his navel. Hips don't rock, knees don't flex. The right foot twitches a little which might be reflex. He obviously has use of his upper extremities.

#45 · (Edited)
You guys do realize this video screams fake right? :biglaugh:

Ironic how the guy "sits" down... no muzzle flash... NO ONE JUMPS when the gun was shot... and whats up with the video randomly pausing but the timer at the bottom keeps running? Also? How is it the guy who was next to the suspect calmly finished doing whatever he was doing and then calmly walked away?

MIke.

#48 ·
It's a pretty low quality video, so it's easy to see where details are fudged. Look around youtube I'm sure you'll find plenty of videos where muzzle flash and sometimes even smoke are absent. If you look carefully you can see the muzzle flip though. You can also see his breathing get more labored and panicky as time went on. As far as the way he went down, the guy still had a pulse. Of course he tried to break his fall on instinct. Only way to eleminate reflexive responses are to cleanly sever the spinal cord or destroy the brain.

The only things that seem suspect to me are the lack of blood and the way other patrons finish up their business and walk off like nothing happened. Mostly the patrons though. The guy was wearing a black shirt that would easily conceal the stain, and it isn't like you're going to ooze gallons a minute through a 9mm (or even .45 cal.) hole. I couldn't say it would surprise me to discover that this is real, nor would it surprise me if it turned out to befake.

@ Labow: In a situation liek that, my gun wouldn't return to it's holster until I was 100% sure the would be robber didn't have backup somewhere. And when it did return to the holster, my hand would stay glued to the weapon until I was sure it would no longer be needed.

#50 ·
if you look VERY cosely, at the momet of he shot, it looks to me like you can see the back of his hoody, right abve his lower back "push out" a little bit, like the bullet exited right there, but it hard to tell

#51 ·
You guys over analyze too much. It probably exactly what it purports to be. It ain't a western movie, it's a store video of pretty low quality. I have been in many such stores in Central America and northern South America (i.e. Ecuador), so the setting is normal. I also don't expect to see someone blown off their feet, clouds of smoke, etc. And if you have a good high grip, not that much recoil.

#52 ·
Over analyze... 26 seconds the guy on the left reacts to the shoot/fall. He sweeps whatever was on the counter off into his hands and leaves by 40 seconds after briefly speaking with the man with the weapon.

Crime in South America is reacted to differently than it is here, it's far more common. One of our offices in Argentina was robbed at machine gun point, our Curitiba Offices have armed guards... We are an Agriculture company... that's right, we have armed guards on our Ag business!

Seems solid enough to me.

#53 ·
Anatomically speaking, an injury to the spinal cord at the level of the 6th cervical[neck] vertebrae and the guy could not move anything south of a shoulder shrug. At the 2nd or 3rd vertebral level, he could move arms but would be struggling with anything below the level of the chest. In my opinion, the movement in the picture would be consistant with an injury through the upper chest, above the heart and great vessels, through the spinal cord.
but what do I know- it might be a fake.

#59 ·
I'm going to be devils advocate on the authenticity of the video...

I am no expert but accept it as real based on my experiences with gunshot wounds as a trauma and emergency nurse... You would be surprised how little vascular damage bullets cause... Sure there is damage and different rounds cause different types of damage.... But the odds are the officer hit him in an area that doesn't lend itself to copious bleeding, or if it did to internal bleeding..

I believe there is a very informative FBI bulliten floating around regarding wounding capabilities of handguns that any CCW or defender should read...

Based on that knowledge I hypothesize that he was hit in the abdominal wall roughly four to five inches below his left nipple, which would mainly severe intestinal tract and exited straight through his spine which sent him to the ground like a sack of potatoes...

Either way it's prime learning for us, stay aware and ready at all times my friends!

#61 · (Edited)
cop looks back to his left and takes his eyes off the perp for a long time while the perp is on the ground and moving his hands a lot

could'a got himself shot by a wounded perp

and at about OO.25, the back of the perps hoodie twitches from the shot exit

#66 ·
For everyone that says the cop should have talked to him I say..........

Save a dollar - shoot a bad guy dead. I bet you wouldn't want him to talk if your mother was at the counter with a guy waiving a gun near her.

Wonder what he thought while he was laying on the floor bleeding?

#74 ·
The BG had already demonstrated a lethal threat to the clerk by brandishing the gun. So let's say the cop tried to talk...and ends up getting himself and the cleck killed by hesitating. Then everyone would say "why did he hesitate?" Remember, cops have a higher duty to act than civilians. (Just an assumption here... I don't know about Brazilian laws specifically.) Remember, cops run TO the danger, not away. God bless 'em for it, too.

#75 ·
yea generally. i had a partner once broke and ran at the sound of a shotgun being racked, ran PAST the patrol car to a 7-11 a half block away and called it in on the pay phone. left me standing there. bout a week later he was reassigned to Warrants. by that time it was funny as hell though. kinda. wish i knew, just for the hell of it, if the video was real or not. gotta find a 9 yr old to look at it and tell me yes or no.

#77 ·
Well another problem with the cop giving the guy a verbal command (or extra time before shooting) is even though the cop shot the guy quickly in a vital area that dosen't mean the guy will go right down even with one in the heart. As long as the guy has oxgen and blood in his brain he can still fight. He could of still killed the cop even though he was mortally wounded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.