1911Forum banner

3D Printing: Print your own Gun!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnny handgun 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
You may want to check as this technology has started and they do shoot them. According to the program I watched on this, there are 3 people that are working on these so they can be put into production. I would think they would have to sleeve . But hey, he said he had fired quite a bit of rounds through several of these guns he has built. Certainly this technology is pretty new and who knows if they will ever make it on the open market

#5 ·
I saw the process illustrated on one of the cop show series recently. Can't remember which. If they "print" the parts, rather than "printing" the entire firearm, with internals, then heat-treat those parts that need it, then, of course, such technology might work.

I just don't see moving parts in the innards of a firearm working, without some old-fashioned heat-treating, lubing, etc.

#6 ·
I bet you could "print" all the critical (read: serial numbered) parts out of plastic, or wax, and make casting molds from them. And anyone who can cast bullets already has the basic knowledge required to do that. While this process would not yield you a top-of-the-line firearm I bet you could make something relatively durable.

#7 ·
New version of a Liberator pistol? Which would you rather have air dropped near you to help people without weapons in an internal struggle? A Liberator style pistol with 5 rounds of ammo or a plastic gun with 200 rounds?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.