1911Forum banner

Please Define Trigger Creep?

12K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  1911Collector 
#1 ·
Ok guys can someone please define this term "trigger creep" for me. I hear the term used all the time but I am not sure I know what it is.

Thanks

#4 ·
Funny. Sort of like how we used to pay more for a refinish that left the edges sharp, now we pay more to have the edges removed.

#5 ·
Trigger slack - The loose movement of the trigger (forward / backward) before it contacts the other internal parts (disconnector, etc.). Some slack is necessary to enable the disconnector and other internal parts to work right.

Trigger creep - When the gun is cocked, the sear hook and the hammer hook are engaged. That engagement prevents the hammer from dropping until the trigger is pressed. Once the trigger contacts the other internal parts, and you keep pulling the trigger; there may be slight additional movement between the surface of the sear hook against the surface of the hammer hook as they disengage. That movement may produce trigger creep. Hooks that are longer than spec increase creep. Polished surfaces reduce friction and creep. Hooks that are shorter than spec can reduce creep but increase risk of the sear / hammer engagement slipping - which may drop the hammer to half-cock.

#7 ·
Trigger Creep.........

The idiot :D who could not keep his finger off of the trigger of his new gun and put a round right through my shirt sleeve :mummy: at the range a couple years back now.
:
Dang! :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.