1911Forum banner

CZ 75B 9mm ('03)

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Condo45 
#1 ·
I decided to go out and see just how good this thing will shoot. I put 200 rounds through it today and function was perfect. I was using mainly Winchester White Box ammo from Wal-Mart and some poor quality reloads that I did with a Lee speed die.(I don't like the speed die) I got two brand new factory preban 15 round magazines from www.fourfourmag.com and was very impressed with them. They where just around $26 a piece and where just as described.

I have only had this thing for about a week now. I have be very impressed with this pistol overall. It is easy to field strip and clean. It is also easy to shoot. I love the way if feels in my hands and it pointability.

It was a bit windy today so my groups could have been better. I know that this pistol is more accurate than I. I was only shooting from 7 yards away which is what I have been told is standard for defensive shooting. I was also shooting off hand and unsupported. You also have to remember that I am not the best shot in the world so no making fun of me.

Here is a group I shot with 115 gr. FMJ WWB.(5 shots)

This group was my reloads. I was using 124 gr. Rem. bulk JHP's with (don't quote me on this) 5 grains of Unique. I shot 5 rounds at this target and my cousin accidental hit this target once as well. The out of place shot is his.

Both groups just over an inch.

This pistol to me just feels better than my CZ 75 P-01. I know they are supposed to be alot alike but the 75B just feel right. Like it was made for my hand. The P-01 is great, too. Just not as great. If you guys don't already have a CZ 75B, then get one. These are just a great joy to shoot.

For you viewing pleasure........This is my favorite picture I have taken of this pistol. :D

This shows more what the finish actually looks like.

clipse

See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty.

As others on this list have pointed out, it's hard to beat CZ. It's unsung not only as to quality and value but also innovation. For instance, on the 75, the company invented the selective safety now used by others including HK, which is I think a great feature. You can carry C&L with a single action or DA, shooter's choice.

Personally, I prefer the P-01, though. I believe it rivals BHP for best 9 mm. To each his own, however. Good report.

#3 ·
The CZ75 is a great gun. I have had mine just over a month and have put 2000 rounds through it without failure. I have had more people come up and ask me what I am shooting than any other gun because of the grouping it produces everytime.

#7 · (Edited)
The 75B 9mm tactical does not have ambi safties. My 75SA .40 has ambi safties. Next, you will want to buy the CZ Cadet .22 conversion kit for it. What a blast shooting cheap ammo in a gun that is identical to your carry gun. I use my .22 conversion to teach new shooters how to shoot. No recoil to deal with!. When they become confident with the .22, I simply change the slide to 9mm or .40 and the feel of the gun is still the same. One more cool thing. Slides are interchangeable on the CZ 75 series. By swapping slides on my 2 frames (75B & 75SA) and throwing the .22 conversion into the mix, you have 6 possible gun configurations built on 2 frames. Also, LPA makes a nice Bo-Mar style sight for the CZ.

Enjoy

#9 · (Edited)
CZ-75B will probably be my next one

I have heard so many good things about them, and shooting .45/.357/.38 is getting expensive. What would you guys consider as a good price range for a CZ-75B?

P.S. I am leaning towards 9mm.

#11 · (Edited)
grislyatoms said:
I have heard so many good things about them, and shooting .45/.357/.38 is getting expensive. What would you guys consider as a good price range for a CZ-75B?

P.S. I am leaning towards 9mm.
I just bought a CZ75b-SA in 9mm this past week.... I paid 380.00 plus FL tax and it came with 2 clips... This is a real sweet shooter. Went to the range and went thorough 200+ rounds of Win White Box from Walmart... It was 11.00 a 100 pack or so.... It never failed in the 200 rounds and the accuracy was great at 20 meters off-hand..... The Trigger on the SA (single action) model is great out of the box... I am very happy with this purchase of the CZ75-SA.....
The SA model is more of a target gun though---I would not carry it.... Solid steel too!!!!! Very nice gun for the money!!! I bought it sight un-seen (dealer ordered it) and went by all the recommendations of this board and the CZ board.... Glad I did..... Have fun :)

Whoops: forgot the best part: Just let the 9mm brass lay on the ground... Don't care about it or reloading for it----JUST LET IT LAY on the ground... :) LOVE IT!! BTW, I do reload for the 40-45 guns.... NOT for the 9mm though :biglaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.