1911Forum banner

Targets

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  lcazes 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I have too much time on my hands.....

I wanted to shoot something other than a rectangular piece of paper. Having worked the USPSA nationals last summer (volunteer) I thought I might like those cardboard targets they use. Looked at the Target Barn website, more than I wanted to spend. I found a used one at the range and traced it out on plywood. Then cut out a 8" circle for the "A" zone, so I could staple a piece of cardboard on to the back. I used whatever was in the recycle bin. (Pizza boxes, motor oil boxes etc.) I wanted to be able to shoot alot, but not waste the plywood at the range. This way, I can get some of that cardboard colored tape and shoot many rounds without having to constantly buy new ply. Keeps the recycle bin empty too. I made several singles, some doubles with "No shoots" and a "Presidente" I left at the range along with a couple of doubles. Very easy to make. I already had the paint. Shot my P22 and my Kimbers, multiple shots on multiple targets was VERY FUN!

-B

Here's what I ended up with:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks!

I was a little worried. This range is very informal. $20 bucks a year and 8 hrs volunteer time. I have no idea if these are "Kosher" but imagine I'll hear about it if they're not. The ones I left will probably get shot up pretty quick so...... no big deal? Why would ranges not allow torso shaped targets I ask?;)

-B

#6 ·
used targets

One of my tasks at the nationals was collecting used targets. We had a horse trailer (holds four) FULL to the brim! I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a few..........THOUSAND! I was amazed at how many were thrown away. At the time I was thinking steel. I bought a spring loaded mini-popper from MGM Targets. I love shooting it. 25 yds. with an SKS did no damage. Took a little paint off the back, that's it.

MGMTargets

#8 ·
Anybody know what the cheapest place is to just buy paper silhouette targets?

#11 ·
guys, just go to any USPSA, IDPA or NRA Action pistol match, help with tear-down and grab some. get some pasters (or office depot packing tape works well) and those targets will easily last a few pratice sessions.

the shooting games are great fun, you'll meet nice people and you'll hone your skills. you can't loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.