1911Forum banner

SHOT Show Pics... S&W PC 1911 & SC 1911

8K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  TRB 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I think the SC in real 4.25" bushing barrel Commander style is a big plus over the undersprung bull barrel Kimbers, etc.

I wonder if the PC is to have upgraded parts and fitting or if it is just a matter of bell and whistle "features" like an adjustable sight and mag well.

I don't like any of that series' billboard slide markings.

#6 · (Edited)
Isnt the roll marks more for the 'free advertising' at the SHOT show than actaully a production example?
That's what people said about the equally huge & nearly as ugly markings on the original "SW1911" guns. Guess what? They are still there. :mummy:

The scandium commander is a great idea, though. Addresses the one problem with the alloy commanders: the weakness of the frame.

And I do like how the Performance Center 1911 has nice, tastefull roll marks instead of huge ugly markings like their other 1911-type guns. Why not make ALL your 1911s with those kind of classy markings? Hell, even COLT was smart enough to quit stamping dates in huge letters on their 01991 series guns... :rolleyes:

#7 ·
The rear sight, beavertail and thumb safety all look like Wilson parts.

#8 ·
I have two of the production models [cons. ser. nos.] and have never found the roll marks, front serrations, or style of grips to affect the reliability or accuracy; both of which have been exceptional. I love 'em.

#9 · (Edited)
Jim Watson said:
I wonder if the PC is to have upgraded parts and fitting or if it is just a matter of bell and whistle "features" like an adjustable sight and mag well.
I stole these info from a post at THR

"Model SW1911Sc - A lightweight, easy to carry and conceal 1911 with a 4-1/4-inch barrel in the true "commander" style. Most after-market "commander" add-ons fit this gun. Other features include Cocobolo wood grips, a grooved front strap and an external extractor for functional reliability. For those looking for the time tested reliability of the .45 ACP in a lightweight carry gun is the lightest weight 1911 designed. This Scandium Alloy frame performer weighs in at only 28.4 ounces. $1,029.00 MSRP.

Model SW1911 - Adjustable Target Sight - The first of two new 1911's from S&W for 2004. The new adjustable target sight SW1911 incorporates all of the features of the SW1911 introduced last year with the addition of a target configured, micro-click adjustable rear sight. The gun also features enhanced slide to frame fit, an ambidextrous safety lever, an ergonomically improved grip safety, 20 line per inch checkering on the front strap and Cocobolo wood grips. $1,049.00 MSRP.

Performance Center Model 1911 - High quality custom 1911 in blackened matte stainless steel. Features include an adjustable target rear sight, external oversized extractor, magazine well extension, 30 LPI front strap checkering, unique slide serrations, a firing pin block safety system independent of trigger pull, match barrel, fully checkered wine colored laminate grips, an ambidextrous manual safety and a Performance Center gun rug. All critical slide/frame/barrel relationships have been hand lapped to produce a tight, smooth and reliably functioning pistol. $1,072.00 MSRP"

#11 ·
I have two of the production models [cons. ser. nos.] and have never found the roll marks, front serrations, or style of grips to affect the reliability or accuracy; both of which have been exceptional. I love 'em.
Good for you. Have a cookie. :D

But that doesn't make S&W any less stupid for making their guns willfully ugly. Look how much Colt's 01991-series sales perked up when they just got rid of the huge, ugly "M1991A1TM" rollstamp and gave the guns a decent polish. Even Valtro realized that stamping the date on the slide in HUGE letters was a marketing gaffe, & reverted to smaller letters.

#13 ·
Sc Commander

I'm sort of commander shopping. I was hoping the new S&W might be it, maybe no serrations and a smaller rollmark. No such luck. I can get around either of those, but MUST they use the ugly trigger with the two roll-pin looking holes in it? Does anyone LIKE that trigger? I'd rather have the CMC looking one on the PC gun.
One thing I've learned on this forum-there is a broad range of "tastes" out there. Serrations, no serrations, rollmarks, grips, safties, safety systems...enough to keep the makers guessing and forumites discussing (or arguing ;) ).

#14 ·
As nice as the SC Commander looks to me, i'm a sucker for 5" 1911's. I wouldn't have 5 of them otherwise, but anyway, that PC 1911 looks real tempting. If this 1911 lives up to the PC's recent reputation, they may put some higher end makers to shame even at full MSRP. Would sure like to see one in person.

later,
AJ

#24 ·
I agree that the Sc needs no front serrations and the roll mark is ugly. Maybe it would not be too bad if they lost that nuclear looking scandium symbol in the front. I am still going to buy it. Now the one that really interests me is the PC pistol. And it's $23 more than the target model? And smaller roll mark? Matte stainless? Damn it! Now I gotta buy two! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.