1911Forum banner

Trojan Holster?

9K views 45 replies 6 participants last post by  Ssanders224 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I asked the EXACT same question about a week ago.... got a few responses.... the general consensus... ( and what I have decided on ) Is the Blade Tech standard DOH. You can remove the DOH attachment for Single Stack.

I just ordered my Trojan through Dawson about 2 weeks ago... still looking at a month wait.. what about you?

#5 · (Edited)
I haven't ordered it yet. It will be through DP. I'll find out tomorrow if I can order it this month or if I have to wait until next month. I have enough saved but not sure how much my fiance needs for eye glasses and accessories.

So the BT DOH you can remove to be legal for IDPA & USPSA?

I'm getting grips, magwell, 5- 10 round mags, 3 CR mag pouch, CR belt, BT holster and the FO front site is included along with 1/2 off the DP enhancement package.

A month wait? Did they not have one in stock or is that the normal wait?

#3 ·
The B-T DOH is not legal for either USPSA's SSTK division or any of the IDPA divisions unless you are female. So that my be something you want to keep in mind. In fact, I believe you have to have the front strap of the grip at or above the top of the belt for both divisions.

The standard Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac's OWB kydex holster are good options. I have both and prefer the Comp-Tac (for a Trojan no less). My wife prefers the DOH for obvious reasons.

#4 ·
He is correct... The DOH attachment is NOT legal in Single Stack or IDPA.... BUT, the "DOH" is just that, an attachment. If you will be participating in an IDPA or SS match, simply remove the piece of plastic that drops the holster. As for steel, you will for sure want the drop. It is one thing that actually will speed up your draw.

#6 ·
Yes, the BT DOH is just a standard BT holster and Stingray belt loop, with an extra plastic extender piece added between them. You can remove this quite easily by backing out a few screws, and attaching the Stingray belt loop directly to the holster. Then add the drop back on when needed.

The month wait is because I am having the Dawson enhancement package done to the pistol so I get dropped in the line for shop work. Also a Doug Koenig hammer installed, Stainless Ambi safetys, and no-gap magwell.

#8 ·
Well the eye doctor was rescheduled to Thursday:grumble:

Thanks 2morechains. I forgot about the restrictions in IDPA. I've been thinking of just using my XD9SC when I attend IDPA. I haven't attended IDPA that much. Have to drive about 2hrs for one so....

I'll call DP in the next couple of days but maybe someone can tell me yes or no on this question. On DP site under the Trojan, it say 1/2 off of the Dawson enhancement package. So when it says the Trojan is $999, is that the final price or add 1/2 of $200 to the total?

#11 ·
Trigger job is included in the ( now $100) enhancement package. You let them know what weight you want the trigger set at.. I went 3.5#s. They basically go through the whole gun and check tolerances, fit, accuracy and function as well. Pretty good deal for 100 bucks as far as Im concerend.

No, I am going to drill and tap the mag release myself... then just install either a Dawson or Ed Brown mag release button.

#14 ·
Thing is, I dont have the power tools that VR used in his video to notch out the piece on the inside of the grips. I even looked in my fathers huge shed full of tools and nothing like what VR used. What is the bit piece called and I'll just go buy one?

#17 ·
Drilling and tapping a mag release

I sometimes run across an extremely "hard metal" mag release when I try to drill and tap them. I know when I start drilling just how hard the steel is, so if the drill doesn't cut easily into the metal, I don't attempt to drill any further since I know the drill may break or even if I do get the drill to cut, the tap may break.

When I run into "hard steel" on a mag release, I remove the inner spring and plunger, then anneal the metal with a torch, then let it air cool. It makes the drilling and tapping much easier and less expensive on drills and taps!

#19 ·
I sometimes run across an extremely "hard metal" mag release when I try to drill and tap them. I know when I start drilling just how hard the steel is, so if the drill doesn't cut easily into the metal, I don't attempt to drill any further since I know the drill may break or even if I do get the drill to cut, the tap may break.

When I run into "hard steel" on a mag release, I remove the inner spring and plunger, then anneal the metal with a torch, then let it air cool. It makes the drilling and tapping much easier and less expensive on drills and taps!
Now you know why they charge so much more for the release already drilled and tapped.
Thanks.

It is a good read.

#24 ·
I dont think I have ever shot a 1911 with an actual 2# trigger. Alot of people say thats what they like for comp, but that seems awful light to me. I have not measured a lot of my guns (factory pistols) but I just set my GSG 1911 up at a REALLY crisp 4#s a couple weeks ago, and to me it works very well. I am having them set m Trojan at 3.5#, but considering calling back and going to 3.

Did they give you an estimated ship date?? Just wondering, as mine is estimated for the first week in November, and Im already 2.5 weeks into my order.

#25 ·
I called and asked how low they can go. She didn't know for sure but thought #3.0 was as low as they will go.

When I talked to them they said they all of a sudden just got really busy and it will take minimum of 2 weeks to just get in the shop.

#26 ·
they ship them the same day they "go into the shop". Id say your looking at more like 4 to 6 weeks.... considering I ordered mine two and a half weeks ago and they are telling me its still going to be about 3 more weeks.

And yes, I believe 3# is the lowest they will go. I just called them today and had them add a Doug Koenig hammer and Ed Brown extended mag release to my order.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.