1911Forum banner

Taurus or SA

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  cb1000h 
#1 ·
How do you guys like the Taurus pt1911 vs Springfield loaded

#3 ·
How does the taurus perform? I have a pt111 that I keep in my truck. It's ok but no great on accuracy and it has A very heavy trigger pull. I also had a 92c which was just a big clunker. So I kinda have a bad taste with Taurus, but was intrigued buy the adds for it as well as the price. How does it really measure up?

Thank you
Wayne

#6 ·
i have both,

a taurus pt1911

and a springfield loaded target.

its time to sell the taurus and get another springfield LOL

no comparison,
the springfield trashes the taurus in accuracy,reliability and looks!

the taurus is VERY finicky about ammo,

but the springfield still functions PERFECTLY,

even when its so dirty from shooting all lead reloads that it sounds like its got sand in the slide.

#8 ·
springfield.

#9 ·
I have owned several Tauruses (Tauri?) and I can't recommend them. I didn't have any problems with the semis, but the revolver I had did have some issues. Their "lifetime" warranty in reality means you will spend your lifetime trying to get service on them. I won't buy or recommend another Taurus product. The three local gun shops I frequent sell them, but they don't recommend them...and they tell the customers that up front. (If I owned the shop, I wouldn't even carry them.) In fact, one shop offers its own lifetime warranty on anything new they sell...except Taurus. I know some have them, like them, and have good experience with them...but IMO that is a total crap shoot: roll your dice and take your chance, but it is going to be hit or miss.

Springfield has a lifetime warranty, and excellent customer service...plus their initial quality is much, much better. Ruger makes an excellent 1911, as do several other manufacturers. If you are on a limited budget, look into Rock Island Armory. I don't have one, but I have read many good reports about them, their lifetime warranty, and their good service.

#12 ·
Hold up...I own both, and I like both. The SA is a longslide and it is more accurate than the Taurus, but not by much, and the Taurus is a 5" barrel. I had to do the triggers on both, and the SA does nothing else, really, that the Taurus doesn't do, except not rust (the SA is SS). You can get 2 PT 1911's for the price of one SA Loaded, + $100. An unbiased opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.