1911Forum banner

S.C.A.R. S

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Just a GI 
#1 ·
www.scars.com

Anyone heard of S.C.A.R S...Anyone taken this course...Is it worth it?

#2 ·
No better or worse than any other form of combative techniques. Do not believe all the hype. It still requires practice and a teacher who can show you how to use this particular type of training properly.

As a rule, ANY combative art is only as good as the trainer teaching it. None will give you instant fighting skills to rely on. Some skills may fit your personality and physical build better than others.

#3 ·
I took one of their courses and overnight I was instantly turned into me but 1 day older!
Truth be told I bought 3 of their tapes and about 5-8 months later got my behind beat. So if you really wanna learn to fight then spend hours and I mean hours with a qualified trainer or never lose by training with your local track star!

#4 ·
I haven't taken the system, but they did advertise Fear as being the biggest hinderance to combat effectiveness.

I can tell you that this part is false. Fear can and has been used to make combat more effective. A teacher named Guy Savelli teaches a fighting system that has used by the Rangers at Ft. Bragg. His first instructions to a new class was "Stare at a wall and develop a feeling of fright". His system is not for everyone, but it is combat effective.

This SCARS class sounds like the video tape scams -become a millionaire through real estate deals- or -Lose weight while you sleep- advertising. Sucess stories can always be gleaned by the 4% or so it works for. I'd be cautious about putting money in something like these.

If you want to be good in combat, learn one technique. Learn it well, and master it. When you need to, use it without thinking, its reflex. Then move on to the next. Its not the style, or the teacher, its the time and dedication invested by you, the student.

#5 ·
90% of the techniques will work well in a confontation. (If you remember to use them) I proved this true as a Marine in Africa. My combat mindset was instilled by the Corps. However, buying tapes to develop a combat mindset won't work.

[This message has been edited by Gargoyle (edited 06-04-2001).]

#7 ·
Which Rangers at Ft. Bragg? None of the three Ranger battalions are stationed at Bragg. Bragg is host of numerous SOCOM units, but not to a Ranger Bn.

There are of course numerous Ranger qualified personnel in the 82nd and throughout SOCOM.

No flame intended, just trying to figure out which unit you're talking about.

OOPS, the dyslexia must be kicking in.

[This message has been edited by Just a GI (edited 06-23-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.