1911Forum banner

www.Bidgunner.com

8K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  JGus 
#1 ·
The concept of winning a "Baby Eagle" for 10 cents is kind of appealing, but the fact that when there are ten different people bidding on the same item and there is five seconds left in the auction, someone else makes a bid and the auction goes right back up to 20 or 30 seconds. So theoretically even though there is only 5 seconds left in the auction people just keep bidding and the auction doesn't end until people get tired of bidding / don't want to pay that much it just ends up being the same as gunbroker except you have to "pay for your bids" lol..

#23 ·
A gun that sells for $20 on a penny auction is really 2,000 fifty cent bids, or $1,000 in bid revenue. Sure, if you spend a couple of bucks on bidding and win, you got a steal, but that is the lure of Vegas. The house wins on this setup.
And digging this kind of thread up out of the dust was a good idea because??? :D

#22 ·
I have only had dealings with Bud's locally as they are my LGS. I have been overall, very pleased with them. I can't speak for the Internet side of things. I do know that there are two different owners involved. The Gun Warehouse and Range locally and then "Bud's" on the Internet. Someone correct me if they know for sure but I believe that the actual "Bud" (Bud Wells) isn't the majority owner of the Internet sales side but is on the local side, The Gun Warehouse and Range. I honestly think Bud was just a good ol' boy who started a good thing, got big and essentially sold his "name" to suit and tie business guys that probably doesn't know a 1911 from a Glock.

#25 ·
I've bought more than a dozen guns from Buds over the last few years and have always had great service and received the exact product I ordered. Of course they won't be perfect, as they are selling an astonishing 1500 guns per day on average, and will have the occasional customer service issue.

I go to Bud's site almost daily just to check things out. And I must admit I don't like that they now have bidgunner auctions going on the site. But, I just ignore that aspect and just deal with the regular part of Bud's site. It's their business and they can do what they want. It won't prevent me from doing business with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.