1911Forum banner

Free play on R1

3K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  r3drang3r 
#1 ·
I want to start a thread of pictures of the rear end of the R1 to compare the amount of free play.

Here's mine, the space between the frame and slide is about 1 mm.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks FirmVinnie. I understand what your talking about. What confuses me is all the R1's I have seen don't have the gaps I originally talked about. Typically they are quite tight with no or little space.

So what your saying is as long as the gap between the rails is tight you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

#6 ·
Do you have a lot of wiggle in the slide? A little side to side is no big deal as long as the bushing is fit well If so the sights will follow any side to side movement. Up and down movement of the barrel hood and barrel lockup, and bushing fit would be my point of angst if not tight.

The bigger question is how does she shoot? I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about any of it if she shoots well.

#14 ·
Go buy a set of snap caps or other brand of "dummy" training ammunition. Feed two rounds of this "dummy" ammo into magazine , insert mag and rack the slide. NOW with a dummy round chambered and the magazine still inserted, measure your free play. This is the correct way as barrel to slide tightens up quite a bit with a round in the chamber. As the other poster said all that really matters is slide to barrel fit, the sight's follow the slide, the slide follows the barrel. Good luck and enjoy that Remmington!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.