1911Forum banner

A fake Wilson?

5K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  asianhulk 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yep that's advertising, poorly fitted Wilson parts on a rock island, I wouldn't give 600 for it

#6 ·
Man, people love pulling that kind of silly stuff with their parts guns. Always see that with AR's too. Some guy buys a Noveske stripped lower for his frankengun, and all of a sudden it is a "Noveske AR15" when he goes to sell it. Nevermind that it has a DPMS barrel, RRA upper receiver, and unknown LPK.

#7 ·
Am I the only one to notice that he Lists the extended slide stop as a wislon brand, But it is indeed NOT a wilson part.

Aside from the fact that he is marketing it as a Wilson, from the title, its not too out of the realm of thought. If he was just honest and said he was selling an upgraded RIA he might get some takers.

#8 ·
I agree

why can't they be Honest ...... I'm sure we've all come across those who would try to pass off certain weapons as things they're not ........and its a shame and very infuriating..... as gun owners and not to mention as individuals we all have code , ethics and Honor or maybe we expect it because we call em as we see
them! ;)

#18 · (Edited)
Just a good warning from Ricky on that post. I do a bunch of sale/resale on the internet and if you have the slightest question on something, ask it if no answer pass on it.

Get the serial number and send it to the maker to insure it is not a parts gun. As a long time dealer for Wilson as well as Noveske, I recommend that to anyone who asks the the usual questions on if the gun is worth the money, check with the maker for the origin of the product.

With ever increasing demand for and longer wait times and less and less supply of those items the potential for "fakes" or what used to be called "lunch" box guns or parts guns made of parts from name brand makers, there will be more of these out there.

Even if a firearm there are few if any law enforcement anywhere with the resources to track down a fraudelent transaction of under a few thousand dollars across 10 states from city to city. Then add trying to get the prosecutions. Gladly 99.99% of the firearms community is more conservative in nature and therefore less prone to ripping people off. Not saying it does not happen but there are many less than lets say "Craig's" list type transactions. You get what you pay for. Free ads get free loaders

Keep in mind you can complain, get mad, call ATF, Local Law or post bad feedback or whatever but you are still out your funds or stuck with something less than what you thought you were getting. So take the time and check out a bit further. If it is too good to be true it is not.

After 30 years retail firearms and 21 years LEO, if this one "good" deal slips by, be patient, because there will alway be another.

#19 ·
My Kimber Classic Series I has a Wilson thumb safety, mainspring housing, slide stop, barrel bushing, spring cap, firing pin, firing pin stop, magazines, and grips. I intend to follow up with Wilson trigger, sear, and hammer.

But I don't call it a Wilson, much as I'd like to.

I do call it a Wilber though.

#22 ·
I believe there might be some edits :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.