1911Forum banner

Just picked up a Kimber Solo

7K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Stoneman 
#1 ·
So.........I was in the local gun shop yesterday looking for a small carry pistol. I was looking at the usual suspects - LCP, P3AT, S&W Bodyguard 380, Diamondback, Sig P238 and a few others when the sales guy that I usually talk to says "Have you seen the Kimber Solo? We just got 3 in and they are ready to come to the display case." Of course I hadn't seen one so I said "I'll look at it". I usually research a gun for weeks before I buy it but when he brought it to me it just felt too good in the hand for me to leave it with them.

I know, I know...........it was double or nearly double the price of all of those that I was looking at with the exception of the P238 but this little Solo looks to be made well and I'm a lefty so it fits me well. I see a lot of good comments about the Solo but there are some bad ones out there too. I guess I'll see how this little guy pans out for me, maybe I'll get lucky. I once had a Colt All American 2000, from what I've read about the gun, it had a lot to do with Colt's decline in the industry but mine was GREAT. I liked it better than the Glocks that I had at the time.........probably shoulda kept that one too.

#32 ·
My CDP

I was finally able to shoot my Solo CDP this weekend for the first time. I only brought 40 rounds with me when I went ATVing this weekend. To my surprise this gun is a blast to shoot. I expected more kick for such a small gun. Hell even my 8 year old shot it! As I expected no issues at all.
:D

#33 ·
I am up to 250 rds of 124 gr +P NATO and the little gun runs without a hitch.
Am satisfied the kinks & problems are worked out. Ran some 124 gr JHP thru it without a miss. I am satisfied and gonna carry for exercise walk and highway travel withJHP ammo. Thanks to everyone for input re:breakin.

Stoneman deNAM. 67/68:rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.