1911Forum banner

Lone Survivor Foundation Raffle Pistol

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  adurning 
#1 ·
I have been given a wonderful opportunity to build a pistol for the Lone Survivor Foundation, We will be raffling this pistol off at the completion of the build.

My Friends at Brownells have donated all the interal parts for the build with some extras;

Chip McCormick Grips saftey.
Cylinder and Slide hammer, sear, disco and hammer strut.
wolfe springs
Kart barrel
Wilson barrel link
EGW ejector
EGW oversized Firing pin stop
Wilson Bullet Proof Extractor
Harrison Single dot rear night sight
XS big dot front night sight
EGW recoil plug and cap
Chip McMcormick mag's
VZ grips

and much much more,

A personal Thank you to my friends at Brownells. :cool:

Caspian Arms has donated the frame and slide combo as well,

Race ready frame with tactical mag well cut, 22 lpi checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing

5 inch slide with flat top and serrations

A personal Thank you to my friends at Caspian. :cool:

As if this couldn't get any sweeter, Mr. Roy Huntington of American Handgunner magazine has offer to do an article with a picture of the pistol and a review of the raffle results in His "Editor's Insider column.":D

A personal Thank you to my Friend Mr. Roy Huntington.:cool:

Folks if you have the opportunity to email or speak with these people, please thank them for their support of our veterans and our great country. Take a moment if you don't already know, to see what Lone Survivor Foundation is all about. They are a wonderful charity and are doing great things to change the lives of our veterans and their families.

I will keep this blog going as more parts arrive and the raffle takes final shape.

Personal thank you's too;
Big Boys Guns and ammo
H&H shooting sports complex
Sgt Grits
MSgt Davenport of the Oklahoma City FOP,
Fort thunder Harley davidson
Mr. White (OIF/OEF) vet
My Wife Charissa
The Daily Oklahoman

If I left anyone out I am sorry, wow :rofl:

Thanks to all, and God bless the Troops and America,

Anthony Durning
Durning Defense Customs
Tuttle, Oklahoma

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

Don't forget to thank Brownells, Caspian and American Handgunner too, without their support it would not be what it is. I am just proud to be apart of it and as a veteran of OEF/OIF myself; you always have to take the time to honor the ones that gave more than you did. I could not image what my life would be like and what it takes to overcome such things, the two wars were bad enough without losing limbs or sight.

As for how and why, Right place right time I guess, No website as of yet. I know I need one made, lots of people up my butt about that one, just don't have the time to sit down and get it going.

need to just pay someone.....haha

thanks again, I will post as many pics as I can, sorry about the other thread, I work until 9pm and then its too late for pics, this weekend I guess.

#12 ·
Update,

I would like to thank Mr. Chris Peters of Metaloy Industries, Inc.
3430 Hwy 143 | Berryville, AR 72616.

For donating the surface finish for the up coming raffle build, great group of folks over there and the work is top notch.

Thanks again to Mr. Peters and the team at Metaloy!

#14 ·
awesome, congrats on the opportunity and best of luck to raffle.

I did not see it as I kind of skimmed the reply's but let us know when/if the raffle is something we can take part in.

#16 · (Edited)
Barrel and frame work.

some pictures of frame feed ramp being corrected in angle, depth and width.

The barrel over hung the feed ramp after milling, so it was milled and face back to provide the proper clearance. Then the barrel throat angle was correct and finished to a mirror surface.

Reset the barrel chamber depth, honed the chamber and polished to a mirror surface finish.

Fit the hood to the slide and set the lock-up angle, de-horned the barrel and now I am waiting on the custom plug and bushing from EGW.

#19 · (Edited)
lower the ejection port depth and widen the port to eject a live round with an extend ejector.

Cut the french boarder and started some blending and profiling. Picture of slide engraving as well, Never Quit is LSF motto, nice touch and thanks again to Caspian.

Ball cuts, marvel disco cut and more to come this week, thanks for looking and get involved with LSF if you can.

Thanks
A

#23 ·
Lone survivor will have info on their facebook page apoun completeion of the build.

Locally, H&H shooting sports of Oklahoma city, will have the pistol on display and raffle information.

Once my website is complete I will have info as well, it's been slow going as I am swamped.

edit: Sgt Grits will have info on their website and in their news letter too.

#24 ·
quick update,

not quite there yet, still some detail work left.

sorry for the wet marks, the gun came out of the cleaning tank late and I wanted to try out my new photo booth set up before bed! :D\

feedback is always welcome,

thanks all,

Anthony

Attachments

#27 · (Edited)
Was screwing around with me new camera and set up, a couple of pictures before it goes out the door to be Hard Chromed, feedback is always welcome.

The test target was shot at 25 yards using Win 185g target loads (white box) bought at wal-mart, the group size was 1.004 and the 500 round test fire ran with out a hitch! After the gun returns from hard chrome I will reassemble and test fire with Stan Chen 230 hardball match grade for a super tight group :). I figure if any Joe Blow can go buy win 185g white box and shot 1.004@25yards that's pretty good, given how bad factory ammo can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.