1911Forum banner

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Illusive Man 
#1 ·
So as a pre-order perk, I got into the multiplayer Beta for this game. Anybody else on here and there? I also have another code to get in if anybody wants it.

#4 ·
Ah, PS3.

It's promising. There are always annoyances and fun bits with online shooters, though it did, strangely enough, make me excited for co-op and single player. Having come from BF3, which was the opposite, that's a bit of a shock.

Mostly, the disappointing thing was that, no matter what they do to make team play easier, people still don't do it. Nobody uses a mic, and when a clan does arrive and actually play the game like it's supposed to be played, you and your pick up group just get slaughtered.

Solution? Get more friends! (I already ordered it, so I'm stuck.)

#6 ·
I liked Gunsmith a lot. All of the addons more or less made sense, which is saying something considering how many totally bizarre things I've seen in milsim shooters that advertise themselves as having some realism. If anything, I found it to be a little bit too fine, and a touch redundant, but naturally some of the appeal is just about having a chance to tinker and feel a little different from the herd, so I'm fine with it.

What about you? Thoughts in general?

#7 ·
I love the concept of gunsmith a lot. I've been waiting for something that precise for a long time. But i'm the tinkering type lol. As far as game basics, I've fallen in love there as well. If you can ever get an actual team together, you're set. You can hold it on your own if your carefull, but you really need a team. Hopefully the main campaign is up to par with the rest.

#8 ·
I'm excited for the campaign as well. The stealth aspects of it appeal to me a lot. Also, my buddy and I used to play the original Ghost Recon cooperatively, and those were some of our best nerd poker nights. To get some semblance of that back would be a big thrill.

#10 ·
I bought this game the other day and its a fun game. So far i have only played the campaign but thats why i bought it. I love how stealthy you have to be in most of the missions. The chameleon camo is pretty sweet and fun to play with.

I have never liked third person shooters but i wanted a break from COD so i picked this up

#15 ·
Good to know. I tend to do the missions first with at least one co-op buddy, then do it alone for perfectionism. So maybe the bunch of us can grok it.

#17 ·
They are pretty good... except when that idiot Pepper kept getting stuck crawling endlessly into a wall on Tempest. Had to reload from checkpoint half a dozen times before I finally got them herded through the corridors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.