try again

#1,494 ·
Better?

#1,495 ·
why so small?

#1,502 ·
See my post above. Does that help?

Personally I find Photobucket is easier to use, though:

Host the pic and the just click on the "IMG" button and the paste it into your post. Nothing else, just click the IMG button then CTRL+V to paste in your post, the tags will be there. The "Preview Post" button is your friend.

#1,505 · (Edited)
Because you are using the url address for the thumbnail instead of the enlarged picture file.

Go to Flickr.
Open the picture you want to post. Flickr gives you size options and medium should be big enough for a forum post.
Right-click on the now enlarged image and copy the image location (NOT the "Link Location").

Again, I find Photobucket easier to use because they provide you with the url already in IMG tags. You just click once on that button and then paste the whole thing into your forum post:

EDIT: Gah... Just realized if you are using Internet Explorer you won't HAVE the "Copy Image Location" option, which may have confused you.

If you are using Internet Exploder I would suggest using Photobucket to host your pictures. Or switching to Firefox for your web browser. I apologize if I've confused you.

#1,511 · (Edited)
How to Post Forum Pictures Inline Using Photobucket

Upload/Host Your Photo on the Photobucket Website

1. Go to Photobucket and create an account or log in to your existing account.

2. Click on the "Upload" button to begin copying pictures to your Photobucket account.

Find the Photo You Want to Post, Grab the Correct URL and “Tag” the Photo's URL Correctly

3. Return to your Photobucket album and find the photo you want to post. Below each of your hosted photos will be a menu that will look something like this:

4. Click once on the “IMG” button for the photo you want to post. When you do that you will get a brief message that says, “Copied” meaning the link to your photo has been copied to your “clipboard”. Don't worry if you don't know what your "clipboard" is or where to find it.

This message is hard to capture in a
screenshot since it fades quickly.

Get the Photo URL Into Your Forum Post and Verify it’s Working

5. Open a reply or a new post on the forum and, with your cursor in the text box, click your RIGHT mouse-button one time and select “Paste” from the menu.

This is a Firefox right-click (context) menu...

Things look slightly different if you're using Internet Explorer. The red-arrow indicates the cursor
is in the textbox, where it should be, prior to inserting the photo's URL.

5A. The correct information to make your photo show up in your forum post should now show up, with tags and such already in place and look something like this though not exactly since you will be using your own Photobucket account:

6. Enter any additional text you might want to go along with your photo and for the love of gawd... Use the “Preview Post” button as often as necessary to make sure you can see the picture you want in your post before clicking on “Submit”. Doing so will prevent you from looking foolish.

"Preview Post" shows the Image is hosting correctly:

7. Once you have everything looking good, click on the "Submit Reply" button.

Voila... You're done! Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.

Please feel free to PM me if any of the above links go bad or if Photobucket drastically changes its layout; I'll do my best to keep this post looking as up-to-date as I can but I make no promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.