1911Forum

1911Forum (http://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Colt (http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My New 1980CM Colt Special Government With a Bonus Pic For Those Who Like Handmade Gr (http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=439892)

z3billy 12-13-2013 03:52 PM

My New 1980CM Colt Special Government Bonus Pic For Those Who Like Handmade Grips

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya Go...Over 100 years of engineering in one Photo...You Colt boys sure are persuasive...I traded a Kimber Master Carry Pro 4 inch which I had less than a month for this Jewel...I feel like one of those guys that jump out of a perfectly good flying airplane...I had abandoned the 1911 platform for a few years..but it's nice to be back home.

Bluetooth 12-14-2013 04:02 AM

Nice Colts. I hade a three year run where I looked for a better platform than the 1911. I didn't find one (not even close). It's amazing how enduring this design is. After 102 years of continuous 1911 production, the 1911 is still the choice of some elite LE and Millitary groups.

Piexcel 12-14-2013 04:30 AM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

dakota1911 12-14-2013 09:52 AM

They look nice. Happy shooting.

Shad Roe 12-14-2013 12:38 PM

Nice one-of-a-kind grips!

Do you shoot the TIII much? I have enjoyed shooting mine;now wanting to do a few mods,like dehorn and undercut.

I am guilty of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Not sure why I did that.

Hardballing 12-14-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluetooth (Post 4825465)
Nice Colts. I hade a three year run where I looked for a better platform than the 1911. I didn't find one (not even close). It's amazing how enduring this design is. After 102 years of continuous 1911 production, the 1911 is still the choice of some elite LE and Millitary groups.

Hey, but the Blah Blah Blah Secret Unit X uses Glocks. :)

Sorry Bro, could NOT resist it.

Depends on your definition of "better" I'll admit, but put me firmly in your camp on the platform. It does what I need it to do, has done so for a looong time, and has a certain class about it as well.

To the OP:

NICE Colts, especially the CSG, but dump the rubbers on it and put some of your "bonus" grips on that machine. Just my .02. Thanks for sharing the pics.

z3billy 12-15-2013 06:29 AM

Looks like I will be adding a 3rd Colt With my Grips too...a Commander a Guy took a 22 and 1000rds of 22 ammo for....new...How could I say no? be my EDC. It will have hard maple grips on it.

Looks Like another Mule Done been in my Stable :eek:

z3billy 12-15-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shad Roe (Post 4825951)
Nice one-of-a-kind grips!

Do you shoot the TIII much? I have enjoyed shooting mine;now wanting to do a few mods,like dehorn and undercut.

I am guilty of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Not sure why I did that.

I just got 'em...and another I'm gonna add on here....but yeah, I am gonna shoot the snot out of all of em...I am not a collector, I would make em cry...bet that Hopes9 would take that Gold stuff right off the slide on some of Colts "collectibles" I just go out in the woods about once or twice a month with friends plinking....great fellowship...I hit a 5 hour energy bottle at 60 yrds 2 nd shot....guess which Pistol....I could see the stump it was sitting on...but not the bottle...I'm 57 and I have to choose the sites or the target....can no longer see both clearly.

z3billy 12-15-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardballing (Post 4826440)

Depends on your definition of "better" I'll admit, but put me firmly in your camp on the platform. It does what I need it to do, has done so for a looong time, and has a certain class about it as well.

To the OP:

NICE Colts, especially the CSG, but dump the rubbers on it and put some of your "bonus" grips on that machine. Just my .02. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Just so happens I am working on some...I'll repost if I get 'em to fit up right...never were meant for the extended well...so, we'll see. Got to repost anyway for another Mule in my stable wearing hardwood Maple on a Commander.

Tacofrank 12-15-2013 10:50 PM

Sweet & Sweet !
TF

z3billy 12-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardballing (Post 4826440)

To the OP:

I think you are right...I shot it Sunday with different grips and I also bought a new Commander...I will post up again all 3...that Commander surprised me, it is now my EDC and kinda makes the 1980CM Boring. (not really, the slide feels like it's on ball bearings and the trigger is the finest I have ever had on a 1911...all 30 or so of 'em.)