1911Forum banner

3 Wise Colts Pakin Kingsize

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  z3billy 
#1 ·
It's amazing, I bought (traded) for all 3 of these in the same week...new...Even let a Nice Kimber go...Boys, Colt is back! I have been hearing it and now I am witness to it...all 3 of these firearms have 100 rds or more thru them with 4 different magazine types and Mfg along with 3 different ammo Mfg's...All hit to point of aim with Zero FTF or any malfunction...The Commander will shoot right with the Master Carry Pro Kimber to 25 yards and then at 35 yards the Kimber is excused while the Commander continues on target. NOT BASHING Kimber...just saying...I owned it, shot it and would pick the Colt again. I got burned pretty good on some Colts 20-30 years ago...Once burned, twice shy. My opinion is Colts are back and maybe I'm the 2000th person to be enlightened, so be it...I like round numbers.

I asked a buddy if he had any bad magazines...he said he had a 8 year or thereabouts old Mecgar that he had retired....not reliable...I ran it 5 loads 3 in the Commander and 2 in the 0 Model....ran perfect...Pics atttached

Yeah I paid a pretty good fine on the 1980CM but a slide on ball bearings and a 2.5# trigger out of the box is a lot less than some Customs out there.

I included the target that came with the 0 Model...it's good enough

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet....Congrats. Is the Spec Combat a 45 or 38super?

#4 ·
Csg

It is a .45 I would consider 10MM someday if they hadn't dumbed them down to a 40SW...But I don't reload...I have a good supply of computers, printers, monitors and such for plinking...along with frozen cans and milk bottles....45's really rip that stuff up.

#7 ·
Those are three very nice guns you have acquired. I do seem to recall recent expressions of fondness for another manufacturer. I seem to recall one of these expressions was found in a thread here when a fellow indicated some problem with his Colt. Can you articulate a little about your conversion process?

#8 · (Edited)
The Death of My Step Father last week. None of these are his....but all the grip panels were made by him. He Had one Colt...never fired it, and he wouldn't. He never got over Nam, he was in The battle of Hastings in 1965 They dropped in 200 or so of our guys (that would be US Marines) in Hueys thru Helicopter Valley...intel had told them 300 NVA...it was 3 Battalions...They sent six Nookies along with gunships to get what was left of 'em back out...One Chinook rolled right over the top of my Step Father as 3 of the 6 got shot down...1 Guy, Ned Seth who ran up in front of my Step Father to man a M60 kept the NVA back so others could evacuate, he himself already shot twice stayed on that gun till all the barrels and ammo was gone...and true to Oath, the Marines got him out alive too. He was later Awarded the Navy Cross (Pretty much 1 click off the Medal of Honor but for Marines and Navy only) I think I know how Ned got out, but my Step Father never would say. That's just the way he was...his own Daughter doesn't even know and neither does my Mom anything about Hastings and all what went on, he kept his Demons away from his family...but I wanted to help him anyway and he allowed me in. I helped him do the story on Ned for his Navy Cross.

SO chuntaro, I replaced my entire collection with Colts to Honor a Man far greater than me that considered me equal...I was classified 17H with a lot number of 138....only reason I didn't go was Nixon ended the draft 6 months before my birthday. Too bad he's not around to see it...He would have enjoyed the conversion.

Like I said in my post...Once burned, twice shy (Colts). I am also saying these were guns made some time back...These are my first new Colts in at least 5 years...It cannot be a coincidence they all shoot so well...Kimbers do too...but Colts value holds...Kimber seems to fade. It doesn't matter at my age, I have 3 Colts that shoot well...There is no longer a debate for me which one is better if one was required...I can't buy enough ammo to wear 'em all out. I have one other comment...I really do prefer the GI Slide Spring Rod.

3B

#11 · (Edited)
Those were my Stepfather's favorites...he made them for his Colt...and never signed them on the back like his others...the middle ornament is a target...with bullet holes...I remember telling him "..yep, next set do one where a Kimber was shooting at it and all 7 will be in the 10 ring.." Ha!...I really used to give him a hard time...he sure would have enjoyed the crow feathers coming out of my mouth today. When I get things sorted I will post up some of his panels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.