1911Forum banner

Baer Boss

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  coiler666 
#1 ·
I was wanting to know for the people who have the boss how you like the gun. I'm thinking of buying the boss in the next few days and wanted to know how it was as far as accuracy and reliability, is it like other Baer's.

I have heard its there mass produced gun and is nothing like there other guns as far as accuracy

Thanks
Mike

#2 ·
I have 2. one is unfired. There is nothing mass produced about 'em. It's not a common one to find.

I have really enjoyed this one and all 2700 rounds through it. The fiber optic front sight is great (IMO) and has held up fine..

It and my Super Tac have the best triggers of all my Baers.

#3 ·
Chris is exactly right, as far as numbers sold it is not one of their best sellers, and that has nothing to do with quality.

The most accurate 1911 I own bar none is a Boss.

The Boss is simply their PII (a best seller) with a HC frame and a couple of features changed added.

Baer started with a thoroughbred and only improved it.

#10 ·
IMO the Boss is the best looking Baer of all because of the hard chrome/blue combination.
As far as accuracy goes, it's a Baer. Nuff Said.

#13 ·
I bought my PII a few years back, before the Boss came to be, and ordered it with a HC frame and blue slide. I inquired as to having a FO front sight installed and was told at the time that they did not have a FO front sight.

About 8 months later, the Boss came out.

Thinking of calling Les and asking for my royalty check. :D

#17 ·
I really like the options of the Boss; the rounded rear sight, the FO front sight and the blue slide/HC is a beautiful contrast and cost effective for the MSRP. The only negative to me is that it isn't the "Old School" look of the standard LB's, and I admire the old school look. That being said I have thought about owning a Boss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.