1911Forum banner

New Kimber - which grips?

7K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  SmurfHunter 
#1 ·
I got a new Kimber Pro CDP II yesterday. I'm having a hard time deciding which grips I like better, need some help! The factory wood grips or the VZ's?

See less See more
#6 ·
I have been amazed at the high quality Cocobolo grips that Kimber has been putting on their Custom Shop guns recently. Not sure how fuctional that fake stuff that VZ uses is, but if we are talking pure aesthetics there is no comparison the stock grips are a keeper. Maybe change the grip screws to make it a little different if you like.

#8 ·
I'm partial to the tactical carbon fiber grips from Kimber. Pretty sure they're made by carbon creations.

#10 ·
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your PRO CDP II. I love mine!

To answer your question, the VZ's definitely look better. However, which grips feel better in your hand?

Try shooting 100 rounds with the original grips and when you can shoot another 100 with the VZ's. See then if you have a preference for which you like better.

I certainly not suggesting one set of grips are better than the other., All I'm saying is that you might develop a preference for one set over another after testing them out on the range. Maybe they'll both feel the same.

#13 ·
I love wood panels. Gives the 1911 the look of class, but those VZ's really look good on your pistol. Regardless of which way you go, it looks great!

#14 ·
let's see....... who's gonna be shootin' that thing?

who's gonna fondle and admire it every chance they get?

who's laying out the $$$$?

it's up to you bub.

myself, I prefer a smooth grip. but you didn't offer that option :)

btw, excellent choice of firearm

#16 ·
Agreed. I think the Kimber grips look better colorwise but I like the styling of the VZ Grips (are those the frag grips?) more, just not a fan of the multi-colored theme going on.

Either way it doesn't matter, it's a great looking pistol! If it's for carry then use the grips that feel better in your hand and against your skin.

#19 ·
I have VZs on every gun I own that has replaceable grips.
I like to change the look by switching em around too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.