1911Forum banner

SA Ultra Compact Grips, Grip Screws, Bushings

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  emptymag 
#1 ·
I have a SA Ultra Compact 45 that has the wood slimline grips. I'm wanting to change the grips to the Kimber Compact rubber grips. My question is, are the Kimber grips slim like the SA grips my Ultra Compact came with, or are they thicker? I've already ordered the grips, but I need to order new grip screws, and I'm not sure if I need replacement slim screws or standard bushings and screws.

#2 ·
The Kimber grips will be standard thickness, so you WILL need standard length grip screws. You may be able to run with the slim bushiings, as long as the new grips 'locate' firmly on them... but...
you can NOT tighten the screws overly tight, or you will distort the rubber grips (even if they have a plastic back/insert). If they stay put, and don't loosen up, then you may be okay. Otherwise, you will need to get standard bushings if you stay with a standard style grip panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.